Requirements: Android 2.2 and up
Overview: Complete control over your lost or stolen droid !
Find your lost or stolen phone, auto enable GPS(rooted phones), make it ring, remotely lock, remotely wipe, take a picture of the thief, hide the app, know with whom the thief is speaking!
*KEYWORDS ARE CASE SENSITIVE: if you choose the locate word to be "locate", sending "Locate" will not work, cause the first letter is in uppercase!*
*If you have the application GoSms installed, please read this: FAQ | PhoneLocator Pro
*To uninstall this app, you will have to disable Admin (in Security) - then uninstall
PhoneLocator is an Android tracking and monitoring app that allows users to locate and retrieve your lost or stolen devices.
Unlike other tracking apps, PhoneLocator is primary focused on security. Here is what makes our app different from the rest:
100% protection against unauthorized disable/uninstall (Android 2.2 and higher)
Encrypted private data.
It cannot be disabled or uninstalled by unauthorized persons
- No data connection required for full operation
Unlike other apps, PhoneLocator is not relying on device’s data connection for operation, therefore you can safely track and exchange messages with your device, even if the data connection has been switched off if stolen.
- Hide PhoneLocator from app drawer
While many of us like to think that a phone thief would get caught because of the tracking app, most of the time the thieves are smart enough to look for and remove these apps. With PhoneLocator you have the option to hide the app from the drawer so nobody will be aware that your device is protected.
- Stealth mode
PhoneLocator operates in stealth mode and hides all the SMS messages sent and received when you remotely control the application. It will also take a photo of the thief when a wrong password is inserted (on phone locked).
- Auto-Enable GPS
Another stand-out feature, if you have a rooted device, PhoneLocator to auto-enables GPS.
- Take a photo
automatically the application will take a photo with the front or back camera, when the phone is locked, and a wrong password is entered (only from Android 2.2 and higher).
You can also ask the application to take a photo by sending your picture keyword, to your phone, in a text message. (any version of Android)
Taking photos with the front facing camera requires Android 2.3 or higher.
If the version of your Android device is smaller than 2.3, the back camera will be used.
- Unregistered SIM card detection
PhoneLocator will send full info(phone no., operator, IMSI & IMEI) of any unregistered SIM card inserted in your device, and will start sending you the calls made or received from your phone.
- No battery drain
PhoneLocator will not drain any battery power if the app is enabled on your Android device. Battery use occurs only when PhoneLocator is asked for positions.
- Price is a low one-time fee
No recurring or monthly fees, all you have to pay for the complete package is a one time fee of €1.99 or approx. $2.84.
REST OF THE FEATURES
* Remotely lock your device *
* Lock device if an unregistered SIM is detected *
* Lock device when display goes to sleep *
* Remotely wipe the device *
* Get notified about the phone numbers that the thief is calling or receiving + the phone position on the time of call
* Know who is calling you - if you forgot your phone at home
* Find your nearby phone left on silent or vibrate mode by making it ring at maximum volume
* Protect the ring nearby feature, with password
* The ring nearby cannot be silenced with the volume keys
* Receive email&sms alerts for all the above
We do upgrade often and add new functions on a regular basis.
- UNHIDE THE APP PRIOR TO APPLY THE UPDATE
- new option to create a backup file with all your settings and restore it on a new device, or on a fresh install.
- create the backup file in the security section, and restore it on the setup wizard
- updated help sections for camera and backup
- eliminated the save button - settings will be saved when you press the back button, or the back key.
- added the 10 minutes, and 30 minutes until display goes to sleep, to match the Android settings