Adobe just released the newest Flash Player 11 and AIR3 last night. There are a host of new features. Here is a list:
Unfortunately, mobile devices are missing one of the most important features as Adobe is still working on it. That is the Stage 3D acceleration. This architecture enables hardware-accelerated rendering at 1000x the speed of Flash Player 10, theater-quality HD video, native 64-bit optimizations, and HD video conferencing. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X and connected TVs, but the various mobile OSs like Android, iOS and Blackberry will have to wait a bit while Adobe "cooks" it longer.
- Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering
- Flash Access Content Protection Support for Mobile
- Flash Access Content Protection Enhancements
- Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- JPEG-XR support
- Enhanced high resolution bitmap support
- High efficiency SWF compression support
- G.711 Audio Compression for Telephony
- DisplayObjectContainer.removeChildren and MovieClip.isPlaying
We have included a couple of interesting videos that demo the new technical capabilities available in Flash Player 11 and AIR3.
Market Links: Flash 11 / AIR3
Source: AndroidPolice and DroidMatters and Adobe