Requirements: ANDROID 2.1 and up
Overview: Next-generation AI keyboard, now with unrivaled prediction and personalization!
SwiftKey X for smartphones builds on TouchType's SwiftKey keyboard to offer cloud personalization, a new prediction engine and a host of new UI improvements.
World-leading language technology
SwiftKey X is based on the new version of TouchType's advanced Fluency language inference engine... the world's most accurate prediction and correction technology.
Personalize your SwiftKey typing experience with data from your Facebook, Twitter and Gmail, as well as your sent SMS messages. Our new cloud-based personalization makes for an unparalleled personal typing experience.
Typing styles to suit you
With SwiftKey X, we’ve fine-tuned typing styles to match the way you use your phone, in order to maximize efficiency and make typing messages a breeze. Choose precise if you're prediction-led and like SwiftKey to complete your words for you. Choose rapid if you prefer to write your words out in full, but tend to make typos and errors. SwiftKey will tidy them up for you.
Personal input modeling
SwiftKey X dynamically adapts to mirror the way you interact with your tablet, using advanced machine learning to modify the properties of the keyboard surface. The result is predictions that are based not just on your language, but also the way you type.
SwiftKey X comes with three exciting, high quality HD themes: light, dark and neon.
See our FAQ, support and ideas forum at http://support.swiftkey.net/
Default theme on upgrade is black/green. This can be easily reverted in settings.
We take your privacy seriously. This app does not store any password data and all language data learned on your device is never transferred.
Internet connection permission is required to install this app, so that language module files and cloud personalization data can be downloaded.
(enable up to three at once)
Support for QWERTY, QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY, Scandinavian and Russian layouts.
* The are still occasional problems with personalization over a mobile network. Use wifi if this happens.
* The text cursor on some Motorola devices (Droid X, Atrix, etc.) causes text to corrupt while dragging. This is being looked into.
* Certain apps still suffer repeated character problems. In particular, when deleting first word of a message in WhatsApp. We are looking into this. We have also had reports of problems with the search box on the homepage in Dolphin Browser HD.
* Some issues remain in web text fields, which also affect the Android stock keyboard. We are currently investigating potential workarounds.
* Occasional problem where "Clear personalization data" button is disabled temporarily until restarting SwiftKey X.
* Switching orientation when in the middle of typing will turn on shift so that the next character typed will be in upper case as if it were the beginning of a sentence.
* Deleting the first word in a sentence on hard keyboards will change the shift state of the first character (i.e. from upper to lower or vice versa). If this delete action is repeated, the shift state will alternate.
* Whilst using the Light theme, there is a small gap at the bottom of the keyboard when it is in landscape.
What's in this version:
Improved compatibility with physical keyboards.
Improved text field compatibility with apps such as Samsung Email and Firefox.
Improved handling of corrupted SwiftKey language data.
Several other minor bug fixes.