Requirements: Android OS 2.1+
Overview: A custom status bar that goes where you go, WP7 style!
StatusBar+ is the first custom status bar for Android, no root or custom ROM required! It works in any orientation and appears consistently for ANY application.
- Enable/ disable the custom status bar.
- Automatically enable the status bar when the device is booted.
- Automatically disable then re-enable the swipe to expand the system status bar when the screen if turned off and when the device is unlocked (Note: this does NOT work with most custom lock screens).
- Enable/ disable clicking to drop down the status bar icons.
- Change the icon and background colors!
- More to be added soon!
This software is currently in its alpha phase, there WILL be bugs! While this application has been tested on a number of devices both rooted and not, I cannot guarantee that this will work on your device. If it does not please do not post in the comments section, instead send me an email stating your device, ROM (if applicable), and a description of the issue.
If you open a full screen application this status bar will remain open. I CANNOT hide it, there is no API in Android to query whether the current Activity is full screen or not. Sorry.
For the most part this application does not drain your devices battery significantly faster than not running this application, however this is not a guarantee. It is up to you whether or not it is worth using based on how much battery it consumes, etc.
What's in this version:
Configurable drop duration.
A number of optimizations.